- representations of Circular Taxonomies of Educational Objectives. This is using a series of nested three circles to represent the design of learning, from the higher level active verbs to a ‘menu’ of active verbs to define the learning activity and an outer series of suggested evidence forms.
- the SOLE Learning Design model & toolkit – creation of academic development materials and embedded pedagogy in desktop applications to support a learning design process designed to optimise student workload and generate advanced organisers.
- the DiAL-e Framework (Digital Artifacts for Learner Engagement), an research practice based project led by Kevin Burden from the University of Hull.
- the 3V Model – an exploration of emerging technologies through at the intersections of virtuality, veracity and values (also developed in association with Kevin Burden)
- Doctoral research is exploring the nature of adult learning in formal and informal heritage spaces